September 16, 2008
I made this for our baseball windup BBQ and I’d have to say it was a hit. I did manage to save some for lunch leftovers, but just barely!
Pesto Potato Salad
- 3-1/2 lbs. Red New Potatoes (I used Yellow), Halved
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Basil pesto
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup shaved Fresh parmesan cheese (use vegetable peeler)
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- Boil potatoes in large pot of salted water 20 minutes or until just tender. Rinse with cold water, drain well and set aside.
- Combine sour cream, pesto and mayo in salad bowl.
- Add potatoes, bacon and red onion and toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chives. Serves 10.
Hope you have time to enjoy this before the summer is over! It is not good for you, but it sure is delish. Enjoy!