August 18, 2008
yes, i too thought this song was over. then i came to kenora, which is like stepping backwards in time. i have heard this song every day since i’ve been home, and now i’ve had it stuck in my head since shawndel’s wedding. so now YOU have to get it stuck in your head too! buahahahaaaa….
(I stole this link from http://fluokids.blogspot.com. Yes, I am that guy.) And now I am off to get some Apple Bottom Jeans.
August 18, 2008
greetings from kenora!
i’ve been hella busy with wedding preparations, as well as the usual northern things like going kayaking, seeing bears and TONS of deer, eating sweet delicious pickerel and picking blueberries. i am so lucky that I got two trips home this summer. I can’t believe its been a year since I had walleye – terrible! In any case, my mom and I found time to make these blueberry muffins yesterday, and they are deLISH! If you can find some wild blueberries, wherever you are, you should, although I have noticed that even the farmed ones are tasting better this time of year. This is my mom’s recipe, I think she got it from AllRecipes.com. Check out our batch:
Blueberry Orange Muffins (Makes 24)
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (We used pecans)
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mix oats, orange juice and zest; blend in oil and eggs; set aside.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add oat mixture, mix lightly. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Enjoy! I will post some fab wedding photos when I get back. And now, off to camping trip #2! Be good.
August 7, 2008
Ben Sollee makes cello pop. yessss…. and as if that weren’t enough credibility for you to give him a listen, he also is known for a tirade against kanye, set to cello. i have liked all of the songs that i have heard so far, but this one is my current favourite:
[ via aurgasm]
And in other news… Had a chill long weekend of beach going, golf playing and order finishing. Also watched all but the LAST TEN MINUTES of the dark knight, before the power went out, the screen went black and the theater employees gave us free passes and told us to go home. Now I have to sit through 2 hours and 50 minutes of it again… all without knowing the ending!? Grrrr…. It was good though, I’m not complaining. Don’t shoot me please.
On a somewhat related note: this is a picture of the gorgeous sky on the way home from golfing at Richmond Centennial It called for rain all weekend but obviously it DIDN’T! Gorgeous. I was snapping pics at 80 km/h – classic lazy photographer. Pretty though…
- i am whitewater rafting with peter’s cousin from india tomorrow?
- this weekend: canoe camping in the gatineaus!
- and after that: shawndel wedding extravaganza! featuring my toast to the bride, which i must finish soon….
- and after THAT! camping honeymoon at gordon lake!
this summer is shaping up to become summery. about time!